Pyongyang, February 15 (KCNA) -- In Tonghung-ri, Kumya County, South Hamgyong Province of the DPRK, there is a historical site called Anbul Temple.
It is a Buddhist temple built in 1393, the early period of the feudal Joson dynasty (1392-1910).
It had several buildings, but all of them were destroyed by fire in 1841. The present one was rebuilt in 1843.
Kukrakbojon Shrine, the main building of the temple, is a small-sized house with a gable roof. It shows well high architecture and artistic talents of the then people. Preserved in the shrine are remains used in the Buddhist ceremonies.
Growing near the temple is over 2 140-year old Gingko-Kumya, a living monument. The tree is 40-odd meters in height, 16 meters in girth of lower part and 15 meters in girth of middle part. Its crown width is 37 meters from east to west and 40 meters from north to south and its shadow covers an area of 1 800-odd square meters.